Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ten Articles a Newlywed Actually Wants to Read- Day 21

I love reading blogs and if I find a particularly interesting one I like to see what blogs that blogger reads... and somewhere I get lost down a bunny trail of blog-hopping. Today I stumbled upon this blog and this post in particular that had me laughing out loud, and I had to share.

Being a newlywed of 6 months, this entry is very applicable to my life. Wither you are planning a wedding, have planned a wedding at some point, I hope this makes you laugh too.

This blog is HitchDied.com and the following is a list of suggested articles that newlyweds actually want to read (from these mass email producing sites like the Nest and Martha, and many others)

Ten articles a newlywed actually wants to read:
  1. Hand exercises to alleviate Thank You Note cramps.
  2. Who should move for whose career: The Armageddon of Newlywed Fights
  3. What exactly do you use a stand mixer for, anyway?
  4. Beyond flowers: easy ways to say “I’m sorry I was such a jerk last night”
  5. Damn the man, lower the co-pay: navigating through a health insurance switch.
  6. Cute ways to style short hair (because every newly married woman cuts her hair off, right?)
  7. No soap? Seriously?: How to clean a cast iron skillet
  8. Fun ways to answer the question, “How’s married life?” that will ensure it is never asked of you again.
  9. Can you still celebrate your dating anniversary? How many anniversaries are you allowed before you are That Couple?
  10. How to watch your wedding video without cringing so hard your face Gets Stuck That Way. [this article would really just be a collection of cocktail recipes] 

I would especially be interested in reading number 7. We received a cast iron skillet as a wedding gift and I have yet to use it, doesn't it have to be prepped or seasoned or something before you use it?? Anyone know how to do this?

Also, my standard answer to number 8 is, "So far... so good!" Don't know if this is appropriate or not...

Have a great Wednesday!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment