Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cypress- Day 20

Last week the Coach took me out for a belated birthday dinner. He picked the restaurant all by himself, and it was amazing! We went to Cypress, which I had been to once before several years ago with my parents. He had never been. To say we both enjoyed it would be an understatement. Everything we had was absolutely fantastic! Cypress specializes in southern regional style cuisine, and everything down to the deserts and sauces, is made fresh in house.


We started off our meal with two Sweetwater 420's from the tap and the appetizer special which that evening was quail. It was served on a bed of mixed peas and  the sauce on the side had a BBQ flavor, it was divine!

Next up were our main courses. I had the grouper, which came with clams served artfully in the shell with a sort of chowder in each open shell. It's hard to describe, and I wish I had a picture because it was just gorgeous on the plate. Coach tried the entree special for the evening, duck two ways. Duck con fit in a risotto was laid below smoked duck breast. I snuck a bite of his and the meat was so tender.

After the main course, we enjoyed a second round of beers while we mulled over the desert menu. My favorite desert to order anywhere is creme brulee, however we decided to try the Southern Pecan Pie Turnover with maple caramel ice cream. OH MY HEAVENS I could have licked the plate! the pie was wrapped up almost like baklava and drizzled with caramel sauce. There was a scoop of maple syrup flavored ice cream with caramel crumbles on the side. Once again, I wish I had a picture because it was gorgeous.

Quail Appetizer from Cypress Website
It was nice to have a date outside of the house. We are both so busy and really concentrating on sticking to our monthly budget, we don't often let ourselves splurge, but it was worth it for dinner at Cypress!

Cheers,




No comments:

Post a Comment